Welcome
Welcome to PunisherHQ.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Punisher in a War Machine suit?

The Punisher in a War Machine suit?

Postby Justiceiro » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:15 pm

It was revealed yesterday a cover by Tim Bradstreet with the Punisher using the War Machine suit.

As far as i would like it, i wonder if this is going to happen in an ongoing series or in a miniseries... There is a slightly chance that this could be just a cover too.
To me, i would prefer seeing it in a "What if" storyline when he could kill any villain he wanted, of course that something like this will never happen in the current marvel universe. Using the War Machine just to kill drug dealers and petty criminals would just be overated.

To me it should serve to attack the heart of crime in Marvel U, taking down the major guys who runs crime and it's terrorist organizations.
Nothing better than an alternative What if story.
Justiceiro
Site Admin

Re: The Punisher in a War Machine suit?

Postby Cubswin » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:05 am

I have no idea what Marvel is doing these days and most of it just leaves me cold. This actually does interest me some though. Frank has more of a history with Iron Men suit then you might think.

There was the What If issue where Cap was revived and found in a Red Skull conquered world and Frank was a SHEILD agent with a painted Iron Man armor. That was before War Machine, but still.

Then in Punisher: The Prize - Frank went up against someone in an original grey Iron Man armor.

In Rucka's mini- Punisher War Zone- Frank stole one of Stark's armor's for a bit.

I'm guessing this is just a once shot story. But I'll probably be there for it.

IN the Thunderbolts, Frank had a mech suit, but that wasn't an Iron Man armor.
Cubswin
General

Postby Justiceiro » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:09 am

The What if he was written like a racist it's not a good one.
The prize was awesome and how he ended it.
The Rucka story make me want for more, how he dealt with the Avengers and make them act like fools.
Justiceiro
Site Admin

Postby Cubswin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:54 am

I just realized- the cover is by Tim Bradstreet! He finally drew more armor on Frank then just a T-Shirt! I'm half surprised he didn't draw the War Machine Armor wearing the Skull T-Shirt. How hard is it to draw Frank in a Kelver vest!?!?!?!
Cubswin
General

Postby Poseidon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:34 am

Actually, I'm looking forward to this, It's something different that doesn't come off as stupid(Like FrankenCastle, it might have been different but it was stupid as hell.)

I just don't like the fact that they're renumbering the run. It's just Marvel doing it's normal thing, getting out as many number one's as they can.
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Poseidon
Captain

Postby Cubswin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:44 am

I don't mind the renumbering as much, since I really don't think anything special for most of the runs the past several years. They might as well all be maxi-series to me.

But I certainly understand the frustration. For me its more a function of a growing dissatisfaction and indifference to Marvel then my feelings towards the actual practice. If I was happier with the product, I'd be more annoyed.
Cubswin
General

Postby cc008 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:03 pm

I'm all for this. Definitely a new little twist for Frank to integrate him into the 616. Which I'm always in support of.

Frank using his resources around him, with or without permission, in the main universe makes sense. And the War Machine suit would fit him perfectly.
cc008

Postby BigSleep » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:18 pm

I don't want this to happen. One of the appeals of the Punisher is that he's a human without superpowers in a superpowered world. Plus, I like him interacting with non-powered criminals and not, like, Krees and Skrulls.
BigSleep

Return to Punisher Comics