Welcome
Welcome to PunisherHQ.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Punisher Pairings?

Punisher Pairings?

Postby Poseidon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Decided to come on here and post this.

Now a few months ago, a friend of mine pointed out that I ship(Fanfic slang for relationship) Frank with Domino, the female luck based mutant from the X-Men comics. At first I tried to deny it but I soon realized I did. Now I don't do it hard like some other people who ship characters but at first I was horrified but after some talk with guys like Blakkstone and Justiceiro, I've accepted it.

Now on to my question.

Do you ship Frank with another character. It could be anybody from any media: Comics, TV, Movies and Video Games.

If you don't believe in this and think Frank should be a loner, than I respect that.
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Poseidon
Captain

Re: Punisher Pairings?

Postby Cubswin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:08 am

Hey, good question. Domino is an interesting choice. I personally can't stand her when she has the pixie hair cut, but she's a pretty powerful and yet also completely street level gun toting girl in her own right. That's something I'll have to bounce around in my head for a bit. And see if something else pops in that I can post about.
Cubswin
General

Postby Poseidon » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:05 am

Cubswin wrote:Hey, good question. Domino is an interesting choice. I personally can't stand her when she has the pixie hair cut, but she's a pretty powerful and yet also completely street level gun toting girl in her own right. That's something I'll have to bounce around in my head for a bit. And see if something else pops in that I can post about.

I really don't mind the hair if it's cut short. It would make sense tactically as It's one less thing to grab. If she has it longer than someone could reach out and grab it and yank down, which would hurt like hell.

But I agree that in terms of street level, she' pretty powerful with her luck based mutant powers and her already impressive skill with weapons.
Poseidon
Captain

Postby Cubswin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:31 am

Oh, I get the tactical thing. I just find it very unappealing for a girl to have hair shorter then I do. I mean, when Domino first appeared her hair wasn't that long. But some places she's got super short hair. That's a hard no for me. (Hey, I might be a little weird)

I didn't care much for the Frank/Elektra thing at first when Ennis did it in his Marvel Knights run, but I kind of warmed to it during Thunderbolts. Might have really worked with the right writer.

Trying to think of some other possibilities.

I know it wouldn't have lasted, but I found his team up with the "Viper" In Dead Man's Hand somewhat interesting.

Huntress from DC might be interesting too. She's Catholic too. And not quite as lost as Frank when it comes to religon, but also not like Chiorboy either.
Cubswin
General

Postby Poseidon » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:38 am

I have a lady friend who reads Batman religiously and she even admitted that Frank and Helena Bertinelli would make a good pair.

Both are violent vigilantes(Though Frank is way more lethal than she is if my right about her, haven't read that much Batman with Huntress in it.) Both lost their families to Mafia's in some manner and are both Italian.
Poseidon
Captain

Postby Cubswin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 am

And Catholic. Remember Frank was almost a priest. I think early on Huntress was more violent and Batman's influence toned her down. I didn't read the more violent Huntress....but I've seen it alluded to.

That crossbow though...I'm sure Frank would talk her into holding a better gun.

Plus, that might even set up another Punisher/Batman fight. The worst that would happen is it might make the Huntress value life more, not wanting to be as dead inside as Frank. Kind of a warning of if you let revenge over power you. Or...would the worst be Frank and Huntress living happily ever after?

That one might make the most sense for a happy ever after plot.
Cubswin
General

Postby BobGarlen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:22 am

If I did it would either be Black Widow or Elektra, especially since he has worked with both.
BobGarlen

Postby Poseidon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:31 am

BobGarlen wrote:If I did it would either be Black Widow or Elektra, especially since he has worked with both.

We got a taste of the whole Punisher/Elektra ship in Thunderbolts but maybe it could be revisited under something different.

As for Black Widow, I'm not so sure. While she might kill, I don't think she could live with a man who's whole life revolves around war. She has a life outside of combat but that's just my opinion on the matter.
Poseidon
Captain

Postby BobGarlen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:21 am

Poseidon wrote:
BobGarlen wrote:If I did it would either be Black Widow or Elektra, especially since he has worked with both.

We got a taste of the whole Punisher/Elektra ship in Thunderbolts but maybe it could be revisited under something different.

As for Black Widow, I'm not so sure. While she might kill, I don't think she could live with a man who's whole life revolves around war. She has a life outside of combat but that's just my opinion on the matter.

I think at the very least Black Widow would understand him. As for Elektra, in all honesty I prefer Frank as a loner. But IMO Ennis made it reasonable.
BobGarlen

Postby Cubswin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:43 am

I've gotten the feeling Widow doesn't really like Frank very much.
Cubswin
General

Return to Punisher Miscellaneous