Welcome
Welcome to PunisherHQ.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Worst punisher comics

Worst punisher comics

Postby SweetFC » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:28 am

I stumbled across the punisher Archie cross over some time back and I remember being baffled by it. Two characters that could not be more different in art and universe are crossing paths. I was hoping for the most violent Archie comic ever but instead it was the laziest and poorly written books I had ever seen. Frank is severely literarily handicapped in the worst way. The staples to his character are gone. Needless to say I read it and I hated it. Luckily for me it was only a few dollars. But I began to think. I am about to cross the 500 mark on my comic collection. While I am very proud of my collection I know it is only a portion of what is out there. I wonder, Are there are any more books I should only buy on the cheap (or just avoid)? Any suggestions?
SweetFC

Re: Worst punisher comics

Postby Justiceiro » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:41 am

Avoid Punisher/Eminem, Franken-Castle and Angelic Punisher.

These are the ones that I remember really fast.
There are also solo stories from the old age that sucks too.
Justiceiro
Site Admin

Postby castlebanner » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Actually Punisher/Eminem is great. The concept is silly but Fred Van Lente writing is really good. I had high hopes for his Punisher vs Deadpool mini based off his work on this oneshot. He delivered. You really go back and read it Justiceiro.
castlebanner
General

Postby Poseidon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:18 pm

The entire Edmondson run is the third worst Punisher run of all time behind Franken-Castle and Angelic Punisher.
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Poseidon
Captain

Postby Cubswin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:24 am

I liked the Punisher/Archie. I suppose now that Archie has been doing odd things lately (Archie/Predator). But at the time, it was Punisher in an Archie comic.

However, I'm going to go with two lesser known Punisher comics I hated

1) Joss Whedon's Runaway's Punisher guest appearance so he can have 9 year old supergirl Molly punch Frank in the stomach.

Ugh.

2) Peter David's second Captian Marvel comic with Punisher where the crazy Genis-vell shows Frank a possible future of a kid growing up and killing Frank and then implies Frank killed the kid.

Which really irked me since many writers have said they write Frank as someone with a death wish that wants to die. That he wants to be killed.
Cubswin
General

Postby Justiceiro » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:31 am

castlebanner wrote:Actually Punisher/Eminem is great. The concept is silly but Fred Van Lente writing is really good. I had high hopes for his Punisher vs Deadpool mini based off his work on this oneshot. He delivered. You really go back and read it Justiceiro.

Maybe one day, but i don't want right now...

And yes, Deadpool vs Punisher is superb! Best "team book" with the Punisher in years. So far, Fred Van Lente is doing a great job.
Justiceiro
Site Admin

Return to Punisher Comics